Cilcennin Cyntaf (Cilcennin First in English) is a not for profit company with the objective of improving the educational, social, cultural and economic infrastructure of the village of Cilcennin and its neighbouring communities.
Cilcennin Cyntaf began with a village meeting in February 2006 when 35 people resolved to try to improve telecommunications in Cilcennin, and particularly to seek access to broadband services through an interim organisation, Broadband for Cilcennin (BB4C).
The Company’s objectives are to:
- provide a springboard for the social cohesion and development of Cilcennin and neighbouring communities
- promote a breadth of opportunity and training for families and individuals of all ages within the community to enjoy the advantages of lifelong learning, to support business enterprise, to develop leisure activities, and to access support services
- ensure the availability of the up-to-date, efficient and effective communication systems essential for the successful delivery of these aims
Ray Williams, Chairman, retired vet
Judith Morgan, Treasurer.
Tony Bamber, Assistant Secretary, co-opted member, Chartered Librarian, retired.
Robert Fry, Teacher retired.
John Lumley, retired local government officer, property developer and Community Councillor
13th June 2018
Notice of Annual General Meeting.
Members of Cilcennin Cyntaf are invited to attend the Company’s eleventh annual general meeting that will take place in Cilcennin Village Hall at 7.30 pm on Tuesday 10th July 2018.
Non-members are very welcome to attend, but will be unable to vote. A complimentary glass of wine will be available.
The company has five directors at present with one retiring this year. There are two vacancies for Directors on the Board. Therefore there is an opportunity for other nominees to stand for election.
Written nominations should be sent to the Company Chairman, Ray Williams at the address below by Tuesday, 3rd July 2018.
Ensure that the nominee, proposer and seconder are members of the Company and have signed the nomination form. Forms are available from the Company Chairman.
The Board will welcome any additional topics for discussion at item 7 below by Tuesday, 3rd July 2018.
1. Welcome by the Company Chairman, Ray Williams.
2. To receive the minutes of the annual general meeting held on 15th June 2017.
3. Report of the Chairman and the Board of Directors.
4. Presentation of accounts for the financial year ended 28th February 2018.
5. Election of two Directors.
6. Election of Company Chairman for 2018-19.
7. Any other business
All Cilcennin Cyntaf board members are unpaid.
If you have any contribution you can give to the community, Cilcennin Cyntaf or this website, please use the contact methods below:
Ty Glyn Lodge,
Please send email enquiries to: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Achievements so far:
- Setting up an interim satellite broadband service in the centre of the village.
- Improving telecommunication network to the village.
- Securing a terrestrial broadband service to the village.
- Establishing and maintaining this community website
- Providing Computer training for novice users.
- Forming a Local History Club.
- Planting daffodils in the village.
- Annual village outings.
- Thermal imaging project of Cilcennin houses.
- Training representatives of local organisations to update this website.
- Research into alternative energy potential and related income streams.
- Pointing people to broadband access.
- Cilcennin Village Day
We would not have succeeded in these achievements without the assistance of many organisations including the Welsh Assembly RIBS team, Welsh Co-operative Association, Ceredigion Association of Voluntary Organisations, EU Rural Wings project, Ciliau Aeron Community Council and Cilcennin village hall. Thanks must also be given to Steve James, previously of Wyndarra, Cilcennin, and to Tony Bamber, the Company’s first secretary.
Future projects include:-
- Improving broadband services by securing fibre optic feed to the telecoms box in Cilcennin and other surrounding villages.
- Youngsters trip to the Urdd in Llangrannog.
- Ohio Bi-Centenary Celebration
Please complete one of the following forms to become a member of Cilcennin Cyntaf. Membership costs £1 and last for life.
PDF Membership Form (English)